How to prepare your HVAC unit for Spring
As spring approaches in Texas, it’s important that you prepare your HVAC unit for the season. Before the temperature warms up for the Summer months, get your unit in check with these HVAC pro tips from JD’s AC!
Indoor Spring Cleaning HVAC Checklist
The inside of your home matters just as much as the outside does when it comes to the health, longevity, and efficiency of your HVAC unit. Follow our Spring cleaning checklist for the interior of your home!
- Change out dirty air filters and replace them to improve airflow and quality.
- Clean floor registers and ceiling air vents of dust and debris.
- Dust and clean ceiling fan blades in any room one are present.
- Clean the exhaust hood and ducts over your oven to improve airflow and ventilation.
- Clean the interior of your windows, which can host mold and other allergens.
- Upgrade your thermostat to a “Smart Thermostat”. This can help you save money during peak seasons such as Summer, by automating your heating and cooling needs.
JD TIP: Consider installing an air purification system in your home. Air purification systems remove common allergens such as germs, viruses, mold, and debris to deliver cleaner, more pure air throughout your entire home.
Outdoor Spring Cleaning HVAC Checklist
Ensure the health and efficiency of your system by performing a quick outdoor HVAC Spring checklist!
- Remove any outdoor AC coverings
- Clean around your outdoor unit, making sure there are no sticks, branches, leaves, or other debris within 2 feet for optimal airflow.
- Check your condensate line and make sure that your air conditioner is draining properly.
- Schedule a tune-up appointment with a trusted HVAC provider such as JD’s AC to check your refrigerant levels, as well as a general inspection of your unit health.
Spring Cleaning Tune-Ups
JD’s AC is your Longview-area home comfort experts. We specialize in HVAC installations, repairs, replacements, and service of any air conditioner or heating system. Be sure to check out our current promotions and offers! For general questions or to schedule an appointment today, give JD’s a call!
5 Furnace Troubleshooting Tips to Get Your Heating System Back Up and Running
5 Furnace Troubleshooting Tips to Get Your Heating System Back Up and Running February 01 2022 When your furnace isn’t working properly, it can be
Heating system failure blog for JD’s AC
Heating system failure blog for JD’s AC January 23 2022 What to Do When Your Home Heating System Fails It’s that time of the year
7 More Ways to save money on your electric during the holiday season
7 More Ways to Save Money on Your Electric bill this holiday season December 18, 2021 1. Get a programmable thermostat Programmable thermostats have been